- Keep a list of clothes that you need or want. Refer to this list when shopping, but be open to the unexpected fabulous find.
- Scan the rack for fabrics that appeal to you. After you have found a color or pattern you like, check the garment’s style and size.
- Check the garment carefully before you buy! Check for small holes, ripped seams, missing buttons, and washing instructions.
- Wash the clothes when you get home. Or try Dryel for dry-clean only clothes.
- Most importantly, view the thrift-shop experience as a hunt. Do it for the thrill of the great catch, but don’t expect to be successful every time!
Do you have any thrift store shopping tips to share?